Monday, August 1, 2011


Thankful...

Another hot day, sticky, but there is a breeze off the lake, and I am thankful.

Today is a limbo day, laundry, errands, haircuts, simplicity, and I am thankful.

Half a summer is gone, but half remains, and I am thankful.

I enjoyed good music and good friends last night, and I am thankful.

There is a half a pot of leftover coffee in the kitchen, which will go so nicely, this afternoon, with my Almond Joy creamer, over ice of course, and I am thankful.

My daughter swept and mopped the floor in the kitchen without being asked, and I am thankful.
(On her job chart that means I owe her $3 but hey, it's done, and she did a good job too!)

My son actually asked where his summer project for advanced science was, on his own, and I am thankful.
(He didn't actually work on it, but it's the thought that counts, right?)

Our patio is done, and looks great, due to my husband, and I am thankful.

My parents are taking the kids for four days so Tim and I can jaunt off on one of our adventures, alone, and I am thankful.

As cliche as it may be, I know that there are many times I forget how good my life is, how blessed I am, and I can even get down in the dumps, wishing for something different, or for something more. Still, sitting back, and taking stock, and, litereally, counting my blessings, I realize I have it all.

And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment