Sunday, April 29, 2012



Wastin' Time...

Felt like I was going to get so much accomplished this weekend. In fact, Tim and I made an exhaustive list on Saturday morning, knowing it was a bit ambitious, but also saying aloud to eachother not to worry, we'd get to it over the course of the WHOLE weekend. Well, here we are on Sunday evening, and I can say that truly, I have done about one and a half things that were, essentially, "mine" on the list. I, instead, spent my time wasting time.

Not that this was a problem at all.
In fact, both yesterday, and today, I feel like I totally lost track of time. Every now and again, when that happens, if you ask me, it is such a sweet escape.

Yesterday, after being up the road at my friend Mary's house for a little get together, I came home totally happy, and refreshed, and puttered around a bit while Tim napped and the kids hung in their rooms. When I looked at the clock, truly SHOCKED that it was 6:15 pm, my dinner plan to make Saurbraten was completely shot. Still, soup and grilled cheese sufficed for all, and we settled in to watch a movie with minimal kitchen cleanup. Winner winner, no fuss dinner.

Today, I stopped at Sue's house on my way to get groceries, and Gwynn played with Jillian for a while. It was so nice to kick back for a few, and talk, like we can't in our "7 minutes" at work everyday. A dragon berry lemonade and myriad topics later, I, again, was truly shocked when I looked at the clock and it was 2:30. I had lost time completely, and it was wonderful.

Life at times is so scheduled. The last two weeks at home have been hectic, like so many are. Then at work, with NYS Testing, things have been truly hellish. 6 days, 90 minutes each, over the course of 10 school days, with 9 and 10 year old children, was just plain too much. This time wastin' weekend was just what I needed even if I didn't know I needed it. Yep, Mick, sometimes, you really do get what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment