Monday, July 30, 2012

And we come to the half way point of summer.

If I were to look back at my past several summers I surely would see that I usually have over-analyzed my inability to hit my stride until this point.

This year, I've just been living my life, and you know, I kind of had to sit and think for a minute about that fact that, at this point, summer is both half empty and half full...mostly full of fun.

We've had two weddings, an explosive fourth and a trip to the beach.
We're headed towards several more trips, and some home reno again, but this time with the support of good friends and some good cocktails to keep us keepin' on.

As Tim and Devin were doing some electrical work this past week and putting in a new light on my front "Zen Porch," it was revealed that Gwynn's bedroom, with its bowling alley length and roof influenced ceilings, has long been labeled, in the breaker box as "Fun Room."
Well in this house, in summer especially, every room is a fun room. In fact a gentleman who is related to the people that used to own our home stopped by our house today. We had him in for a bit, and he walked through the house with us, reliving childhood memories and repeating how this is such a great place to raise kids. Truer words could not be spoken. We have been truly blessed all the years we have lived in this house. The house that has a fun room is also a fun house, and it has been a fun summer so far.

And if I were a gambling girl, which I am, I'd bet the best, as always, is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment