Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Why are Reese's peanut butter eggs SO much better than Reese's peanut butter ANYTHING ELSE?

And speaking of that, why does Easter candy time have to come so close to spring break, a time where we just might be headed someplace warm, and we just might have to face our bodies, in all their winter padded pale, in a bathing suit? Easter candy, you mock us with your..."Hey, check me out! I'm yummy! I have practically 50% more peanut butter than the average Reese's product. It makes me protein rich. A health food practically. I know, summer is right around the corner, but don't you want a final hurrah? And who are we kidding, really, you will keep on eating right into summer too, and BBQ, and ice cream, and daily afternoon beverages...dig in sister!"

I suppose it is better than back in days of young children. The bunnies were the worst. Especially the solid ones. The kids didn't really even want them, except perhaps, IF they could work their teeth through them, the ears. And then the rest would be there, stuck to the Easter grass, taunting us, calling to us, until we caved, and ate them. Or maybe we got creative, and melted them down. Made ourselves a little individual afternoon fondue? And then we wondered why we didn't fit into our shorts.

I guess it is what it is. And my writing today is simply to admit to the shame. Or perhaps you could say it is to admit defeat. I caved. There was one PB egg up in the cupboard. I was trying to avoid it by putting it there, out of sight and out of mind. And it was working until I saw it while putting dishes away. Then I ate it. And truth be told, if there had been another up there, I'd probably have eaten that one too.

That'll teach me to do the stupid dishes.

Happy Freaking Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment