Sunday, June 30, 2013

End of June, SURPRISE!

HOLY MOLY! It has come to the point where I HAVE to write. Tonight. It is the last day in June, and it must be done. Thing is, the last night in June really snuck up on me. I mean, it was just a week ago that we were a mere day out of school, but tonight, right now, school feels a million miles away. We've even had our first fun of summer, with Devin spending time at Camp Geena and Pa, Gwynn going to an amazing music camp at Ithaca College, and Tim and myself having a rather nice "Staycation" to begin the Summer of our 20th Anniversary. It feels like we've already had a summer, yet summer has only just begun. And those that know me well would also know that the Carpenters song is now playing in my head..."We've only just begun...to live..." Ain't it the truth! Summer...the time that we just. plain. live. So, no guilt. No timelines. No deadlines. Writing wise, for this month at least, this is it. This is all ya get. All I am going to do now is sit back, relax, watch a movie with my family, have some popcorn, and perhaps a beer. I'm gonna stay up too late, and finish yet another book. Maybe I'll even shop online. I'll probably fool around on Facebook, or maybe I will just fool around. Point is that it doesn't really matter one way or another, it is summer, and we have only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment