Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014…are ya KIDDING? It was JUST 1999!!!


Sadly, we come to this evening with another night of obligatory writing. Where has my writing rhythm gone? I was so good on the two times a month vibe, for so long, I am certainly not going to fail myself now, but it sure does seem that the past couple of months have been low on the inspiration meter. Or have they? I mean, the past two months, we have had exactly ONE free weekend. Perhaps the thing is, that there is much to reflect upon, just very little time to do it.

I suppose life could be worse.

On that note, tonight I am on the eve of yet another writing project. I bought, while out Christmas shopping, a one line a day 5 year memory journal. Should be good for me, the girl who can remember song lyrics ad nauseam, but can't recall what she had for breakfast yesterday. I look forward to the idea of pen and paper writing. I look forward to the idea of recording both the marvelous and the mundane. I look forward to having a place to notate gratitude. I look forward to a record, a review, a reminder of what has been going on in this crazy little life we lead.

And I look forward to the mystery. I mean, it is hard to imagine where will life even BE in 5 years! It is nothing I would want to know now, but surely something that will be fascinating to behold, and I feel I need to start to brace myself and hold on tight. Much lies ahead. And with the rate time flies lately, 5 years will be here and gone in a blink of the eye.

Again, life could be worse.

As we celebrate New Year's Eve, my favorite holiday, the holiday of hope, of reflecting and looking ahead, a planner's holiday for sure, I also hold out hope for humor in the new year. We JUST finished watching "Grumpy Old Men" with the kids, and if that 5 year one line journal can record a few zingers that would rival Burgess Meridith's gag reel at the end of the movie, I do think my life would be complete.

To 2014. L'chaim, L'chiam, to LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment