Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Krispy Kreme Warm Day

Today. What a day. When you live in upstate NY and the weather forecast calls for temperatures in the 70's in March that is truly cause for celebration. Even after a mild winter such as the one we have had, by March, many of us have gone the route of winter weary nonetheless, and are searching for the sun. Today, we didn't really get much sun, but it was warm from the start. I walked into my classroom and immediately opened the window. Even at 7:45 am, the temperatures were demonstrating equivalence, just like the fractions in my math lesson would later in the day. Throughout the day, kids were on the playground, birds were in the sky, and both sounds floated into my classroom and created an ambient noise we had replaced with the ticking and blowing of a heating unit, for so, so long. A de-thawing began today, and continued when I got home. Even though I had a glorious box of fresh fund raiser Krispy Kreme doughnuts in my hand, Tim and I changed and headed down the road, with Lucy, to walk on the beach. Balancing through the shoreline rocks, and then walking on the sand before climbing up on the pier, it truly felt as if spring, and summer, and freedom were within reach.

Now, living in upstate NY, we also know full well that March is fickle, and that more bad weather could be on the way, but I will take the gift of today. It was a treat. And as for tomorrow, it is going to rain. But it will still be warm, and I still have a (fairly) full box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

1 comment: