Monday, June 13, 2011


How much do I love the Tony Awards?

I stayed up too late for a tired Sunday last night watching most of the broadcast. Then I finished today, watching on DVR with Gwynn. I am feeling, right now, like I want to hop on a bus to NYC and just hang out for the next week or so seeing plays and musicals to my heart's content.

Alas, that damn job, and a subsequent need for money foil me yet again. But HA! 'Tis not for long! Summer vacation is so close I can practically taste it!

It's funny, though, as I was doing a lot of thinking about performing this weekend. Some people are natural performers. I see myself as one, but do I go out on a stage and dance and sing? No I don't do that anymore. I loved it in the past, and I claim to miss it as well, every time the kids do a show or a band performance, but really, deep down, I am sweating bullets every time they are on stage. I get so nervous just watching them perform, I can't imagine how I would handle it myself anymore! It is funny how you do that as a mother, swell with pride at the same time as you sit on the edge of your seat.

Still, everyday, I get up and do numerous shows to an occasionally hostile audience of 4th graders! I know I still have it in me. I guess it is all just a matter of how we all use our inner performer. Some of us are on Broadway stages, some in boardrooms, some in courtrooms, some in classrooms.

I have a necklace that says "We all shine differently," and I suppose that proves its truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment