Monday, June 6, 2011


"Me at the End of the Year"

Failed myself and didn't write at all last week...sigh...but I have to say, I am feeling completely uninspired.

The end of the school year drain is upon me.

I am in the midst of 3 weeks of babysitting, also known as the end of school, and it is sucky, as usual. I am a little sad to see my class go this year, to tell the truth, but also annoyed that my daily work is not what it usually is. Maybe there are teachers who love the end of year parties, and activities, and talent shows, and merriment, but I don't know many. Routine and regularity is on its ear for the next three weeks, and most teachers I know like routine and regularity...it is just in the professional blood. I am happy to see kids having fun and all, but I am more into seeing them learning. If I had wanted to be a party planner...

I took some time to look back at my "Thirtysomething, Farewell" blog tonight, to see where my head was last June. Well, the first week it was grumpy, the next week/week and a half it was grumpier, and by the end it was in "just getting through" mode! Hence the image choice tonight, John Mayer, fully clothed, in a tub, with some wine. If you find me in the same sort of hot mess at some point, in June, just walk away, slowly, and leave me alone.

It is all part of the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment