Thursday, May 26, 2011


Ahhhh, Memorial Day weekend is nearing. Yes, I have to do a full day of school tomorrow, but Tim is off as of NOW, so even if we all are not "on vacation" one of us is, and that is something!

Tomorrow we are headed, as usual, to camp, for the "drink enough that you don't care where you sleep" weekend of 30 some odd people in a double wide trailer. (or on their own private island, depending on how you think about it, and again, directly proportional to how much you have to drink.) The kids and I have to go "to work" tomorrow, and that leaves Tim the fun of the final grocery shopping and the final packing. I really don't envy him the job. Quite frankly, I would rather work. I love to get away. Travel is one of my deepest passions, but to PREP to travel gives me hives.

Tonight, we are doing laundry, so as to pack, and to be prepped for going back to work on Tuesday, completely sleep deprived, and possibly a little hung over. Tim, my wonderful husband, knowing he has tomorrow off, and must make restitution, got it started before I came home. That being said, I have to give him a shout out. We play a game here at the Howell Household called "Dryer/No Dryer." This game originated due to the sharing of laundry tasks, random shrinking garments, and rage filled diatribes of who did what when, where and why. Now, when clothes are being transferred, from washer to dryer, items in question are deemed dryer worthy by the wearer only. If the wearer is not present, the clothes go on the drying rack. That's just the way it is. Even the kids have been trained to this, and I have to tell ya, it does work! Just now, though, I realized that Tim has unlocked another rule of laundry fully on his own, or perhaps because he has had to hear me bitch and complain enough. He put JUST the right items into the lingerie bags! And I do not JUST bag lingerie. I also bag certain dress tops of mine, items with embellishments, and random other things, just because. Somehow, tapping into his wonderhusband powers, he knew enough to "bag" a rather nondescript, and also fairly new, top of mine! He also made some margaritas!

If that is not true love, I do not know what is!
Let the summer vacation season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment