Sunday, May 1, 2011


...and since there are no rules this time around, no structures to absolutly have to write each and every day, I am going to be CRAZY here and do a second entry on my very first day!

I finished a book this weekend and feel like I am back in a reading groove, which is wonderful. This book, a gift from Scott for my b-day, was quite good, and had a beautiful quote I want to remember.

"Isabelle quietly helped Sam with his photography. "Look inside," she'd say to him, "Go deeper. See what's right there in a new way. Find the magic of the real moment."

Some days I feel like all my life is filled with is real moments. Of late, these have been as varied as school stress, oral surgery, flooded garages, carpenter ants and car repairs. But even in this crazy life we lead, I can choose to see the moments in a new way. There is beauty in sun shining through the seemingly ever present clouds. There is constant noise in my house, or, perhaps it is the auspicious event of Devin and Gwynn, in a tenuous way, getting along and playing a game. It is another Sunday night, with Monday looming, or it is my son kissing me goodnight, and my daughter sharing a beautiful collage she has created on her bedroom door.

Things are a mess sometimes, but this beautiful mess, these real moments, they are my life. My magical life. And I wouldn't trade any of them. Well, maybe the ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment