Monday, May 16, 2011


You can't do much more to improve a dreary Monday than end it with a fabulous girl's night out! I met Nancy, Jeanne and Kathy for dinner tonight, and 2 and a half hours later I was a new woman! The easy conversation between best friends is such a gift, and I was feeling like the luckiest girl in the world as I drove home. I have the best friends ever!

We did make one particularly interesting observation tonight amongst us...the "Turnin' 40" crew. I am already "in" the club, Nancy will be initiated in about two weeks, and as much as Kathy and Jeanne like to taunt that they will be the last to go, in the fall, rest assured, 40 will come for them too! That is our order...Me, then Nancy, then Jeanne and finally Kathy. Oldest to youngest. And tonight, while comparing technology at one point, (basically we had to hear how much Kathy is just IN LOVE with her freaking iPad...whatever!) we realized that our cell phones run the gamut, correlating with our ages, from dinosaur to smartphone. I, the dinosaur, have the dinosaur Tracfone that doesn't even take crappy pictures! Nancy is a step up, with her classy "plastic on the furniture" model flip phone. Jeanne has the slide out texting keyboard type phone, and it's even BLUE! Kathy, the babe, has the smartphone! Someone in the group has to keep us young and hip, and Kath, I never woulda thought, but I guess it's you!

So here's to girlfriends, and to girls night out, and to getting older, one at a time, and together.
I can't think of any better way to do it!
Cheers!

(Oh, and Shannon, we need a consult on your phone! You are the final piece of the puzzle! Does our very official study hold water?)

No comments:

Post a Comment