Thursday, May 5, 2011


Had a revelation tonight about finishing.

I hate to FINISH. I am the queen of the project begun. I have all kinds of interests. I can see a picture, hear a song, read an article, and suddenly, I have a new thing I am passionate about. Just ask Tim about Aztec Indian art. Still, where does this problem, if it is even a problem, come from?

Dinner, this evening, was some really yummy spaghetti, and sauce, that simply called out for Thursday night wine. We had a glass, had some food, had some family conversation, and had another glass. Soon enough, the bottle was done. I upended it to get the last drops, sat it down, and a few minutes later was able to upend and, wonder of all wonders, get more last bits. I was, in my less than scientific brain, amazed that something I had seen as empty suddenly gave more. Tim and Devin, on the other hand, wanted to talk to me about molecules, and properties, and SCIENCE!

We ended the moment agreeing to disagree, but Tim did point out, that wine, it seems, is the one thing I am GOOD at finishing.
I suppose, tonight, I must admit that he is right, but boy oh boy, does this point to a topic worth examining!

No comments:

Post a Comment