Thursday, May 19, 2011


You know, I love a cute little anecdote or phrase as much as anyone. I am all about the "Quote a Day" calendar. Have one hanging by my desk at work even. But you know what phrase I simply do not understand? "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Seriously? Did someone who cannot cook initially say this? Maybe it was someone with damaged taste buds?

But still, even if you, personally, can't cook, what about dishes prepared by others? What about comfort food? Mom's home cooking? Has the person who said this never been to an exquisite restaurant? Never tasted butterfly fries or cotton candy at a street fair? Never gone wine tasting?

Tonight, I practiced restraint, since I am committed to Weight Watchers points for the next couple of months. But let me tell you, Farfalle with Salmon, Peas and Garlic Creme sauce tastes pretty damn great. Even tastes better when paired with fresh baked Italian bread from Ontario Orchards and a Treleaven Reserve Chardonnay. Lots of things taste way better than starving to me, and I am glad I can recognize that balance. I am also glad I have a hubby who is right at the same balance with me.

A revised anecdote, perhaps?
"Sometimes it feels good to be fat and happy, together!"
And you can quote me on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment