Tuesday, May 10, 2011



"You may see time as passing by, and not understand that time never arrives. There is only this moment." -Dogen

It has come to me quoting myself, or at least copying and posting quotes that I used, previously, on some sort of blog or another, over the past several years! Then again, I caught some of Oprah's FINAL weight loss show today, and while I had recollections of the things she was showing, I hadn't remembered it all. How could anyone possibly remember everything Oprah has ever done? I am sure she watches old shows and is amazed by what she has said! I will assume by forgetting I had ever posted that quote, and finding it anew today, that I am in good company. Or I am just getting old.

Still, to reflect on moments, I just had one, in the kitchen, where so many moments happen in our house. The other place, the car, but that is an entirely different dynamic, the moving forward, together, but not looking at eachother thing. Whooooo...that is fodder for a WHOLE other blog entry! Anyways, as we watched 25 years of Oprah and her weight loss, Dr. Oz appeared, and professed that for every 35 pounds a man loses he gains an inch in penis size. Now mind you, Gwynn wasn't home, but Tim, Devin and I all cracked up! Then we got in a big silly conversation where I was saying I will NEVER understand boys fixations with their penises, and Tim and Devin kept telling me all the perfectly valid reasons it will forever be so.

I became a mom 13 some odd years ago, and never did I think ahead to the moment I would be laughing about penises with my son. Still, in the best of circumstances, that is how it happens. A funny anecdote while cooking dinner leads to the conversations that bond your family. The magic of family happens...not in the big events but in the small moments. OR you just realize, you are all in the crazy boat TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment