Wednesday, June 29, 2011


My summer writing mojo is coming back. I just feel it. But I should not be surprised.

It is funny, but, tracking my life with daily projects the last couple of years has certainly made some patterns quite, almost glaringly, obvious. In photographing the Sole Sisters Summer, and writing the "Thirty-something, Farewell" blog, I know that I love Fridays, I hate June, and that the time when school is just out, and summer is completely before me, is both wonderful, relaxing, and also, severely lacking in creativity. I find it so interesting that in the school year, when life is SO full and busy, I find more time to write than when I have time coming out my ears. It is similar to when I was in High school, I suppose, and my best report cards were during swim and musical seasons. With more crunch, I produced.

We grow, we change, but do we, really?

Today, Tim had to work. I didn't have my laziness partner in crime around, so, quite frankly, more got accomplished here at home, and in a more timely manner. Low and behold, with more constraints on my time, it seems that here I am, feeling the need and desire to write.

Being that it is summer, though, I also had ample time to sit around and watch a couple of DVR'd episodes of the first season of "Fame" with Gwynn. I read about half of the book Little Women, a book that is always on my "I can't believe I haven't read that and should read it this summer!" list. I did some errands with the kids in Oswego, flipped and ripped some magazines, painted my toenails silver (jury is still out that...they're kind of odd...) and even got these cool lamps that my brother and Priscilla brought home from Mexico for the kids, rigged up to hang in their rooms. Progress.

It does seem that summer is in full swing. And, as my former projects would suggest, we are headed towards the typical, predictable and welcomed 4th of July merriment. Then it will be on to the beach soon after that. I wonder each and every year how the summer will unfold...and though I have no day by day project to guide me through this year, the beginning is turning out pretty OK, and as for the rest, we'll have to just wait, and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment