Thursday, June 14, 2012


Really, it is hard to believe that 20 years ago today I started to wear the ring that is pictured above. I told the story of how the ring came to be on my finger before, but how it stays? That, I am finding these days, is the real story.

After 20 years I have been debating whether I might like to upgrade my ring...trade it in for something new...styles and tastes change after all. But for some reason, every time I think of it I just get a funny feeling, like it just wouldn't be right. And today, at this 20 year mark, I know that is for sure. I can feel it in my bones as deeply and certainly as I felt Tim would be my husband, forever, just weeks into the time we were dating. It just was right. It just was true.

This ring just is my ring.

Rings are just jewelry, I know, but THIS ring has been with me, with us, for it all. The planning, the wedding day, the honeymoon, but more importantly, it has been there for the marriage, for our LIFE.

Rings are just jewelry, as weddings are just days. But Marriages are a life, and I have been blessed with an uncommon one. We are truly lovers, and partners, but most of all, friends.

And I'd do it all again

2 comments:

  1. I always LOVE to hear you talk about your family...but especially about your marriage. You're an inspiration! And all that you say above, about your uncommon, blessed life together...that's all so obvious when the two of you are together! Congratulations, lovebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you Haley...that means a lot. I don't ever mean to brag, or to boast, but in putting my happiness out there I do hope people see that love is possible...and we should all look for it, aspire to it, expect it in our lives.

    ReplyDelete