Tuesday, June 12, 2012


The things we do.

Made a delicious, if simple, dinner tonight, with some yummy, if cheap wine. It was so uplifting. Just brought me to that completely centered place, loving my husband, family, self, and life.

Said husband, to bring himself up and recharge, has gone for a bike ride.

Why is it I can't find zen in exercise? Over the years I have enjoyed exercise, at times. There was Swim Team in Highschool. And Yoga. I do love yoga, and even more so yoga wear. Walking is OK, especially with the addition of an iPod, and without the tugging black lab. But exercise is never what I choose to clear my head. Never. I wish I could make that connection. Maybe it takes a more focused approach. Maybe one of my summer projects, along with my extensive reading list, all the things I want to do, and the places I want to visit, not to mention the objective of twice a week on the boat minumum, should be to incorporate meaningful exercise into my life. Maybe if I do that it will become a part of me, something I want and desire, something I choose to do, on a regular basis, to center my mind and my body as well.

Or maybe I will just have a little dark chocolate along with the last of my wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment